Water Supplying Tower
From these windows, decorated with colored bars, opened an extensive view of the Zamoskvorechye. In this form This garden is shown in the panorama of Moscow, published in Dutch under Peter the Great. In the garden there was an artificial pond depth of 2 feet of (1,42 m), where water was supplied by a special mechanism that was in still exist Water Supplying Tower tower. Waters graced 'water platoons' – fountains and two patterned carved pavilions. For the device hanging gardens on the stone arches of stacked bars of lead and sealed them, and poured on top topsoil thickness "a yard and a quarter." During the construction of only the top garden required, for example, more than 10 tons of lead. Lower Garden located on the slopes of the hill at the Kremlin Taynitskih gate and had a much smaller area – 1500 m 2. Fruit trees and shrubs were planted in it, as in the upper garden, on a square grid. An artificial pond, too, with "Platoon" was used not only as a decorative element, but also for fish farming. In addition, in the garden have been posted greenhouses. The walls surrounding the garden were decorated master Peter Engelesom "pershpektivnym letter" – painting on Plant motivated – visually expand the space garden. Combined with classic interiors of homes, while the landscaping was strictly regular – track intersect at right angles and areas between them framed battens set at the edge. In the formed boxes planted plants. In the Kremlin gardens bloomed and fruited apple, pear, berry bushes, vines, and by some accounts, even walnut, then called "Tsargrad.